What do I do with my notary public journal and stamp once my commission is no longer valid?

This is a common question the Secretary of State’s website answers well:

If any notary public resigns, is disqualified, removed from office, or allows his or her appointment to expire without obtaining reappointment within 30 days, all notarial records and papers must be delivered to the clerk of the county in which the notary public’s current official oath of office is on file within 30 days. The notary public stamp should be destroyed. (California Government Code section 8209(a).)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *